Services to Schools Officer
View Joanne's Role
In her role, Joanne
- Develops and oversees the Diocesan Service Agreement which aims to bring high quality continuing professional development which has the Church of England Vision for Education at the heart. She works with professional external associates, colleagues nationally and volunteers to bring a rich programme of training, development and bespoke work for our schools and academies.
- Oversees the School Admission and Appeals service to VA schools and academies and represents the DBE nationally in this role.
Diocesan Director Education
View April's Role
In her role, April
- Communicates the diocesan vision for schools, churches, cathedral and chaplaincies to work together to communicate the gospel, make new disciples and transform communities.
- Supports Church Schools to develop and live out their vision to see their communities flourish and to educate for life in all its fullness.
- Challenges Church Schools to recruit passionate Christian leaders, who develop high quality teams, to provide excellent education for the children and young people they serve.
- Acts as a strategic partner with Local Authorities, the Regional Schools Commissioner, the Department for Education and the Church of England Education Office.
Executive Assistant and Governance Officer
View Helen's Role
In her role, Helen
- Ensures highly effective governance of schools through the development of strong partnership working and support mechanisms for Chairs of Governors, Foundation Governors and Clerks
- Has responsibility for the administration of the DBE Headteacher Recruitment Service
- Contributes to the design, content and presentation of strategic and operational activity as directed by the DDE
- Maintains an overview of the administrative needs of the whole team to ensure staff well-being and efficiency.
RE & Spirituality Officer
View Jen's Role
In her role, Jen
- Supports schools with the development of excellent Religious Education provision through delivery of CPD, materials and one-to-one support for RE subject leaders.
- Provides high quality resources for collective worship based on a variety of relevant themes and the liturgical calendar.
- Supports schools in nurturing spiritual growth in pupils, through an ongoing exploration of the nature of spiritual development within a Christian context.
- Offers ongoing support and advice to schools preparing for SIAMS and/or Ofsted inspections.
- Leads schools in developing ‘Faith at Home’, making links between school, church and home so that faith can be nurtured in children and young people.
View Julia's Role
In her role, Julia
- Maintains the finances and accounts of the DBE, reporting to Members, the Business and Investment Committee and the Diocesan Director of Education;
- Safeguards the organisation’s assets, including its properties and investments;
- Manages capital allocations to VA schools;
- Ensures compliance with legal and regulatory obligations for reporting, employment, health and safety and data protection;
- Provides support to school governing bodies as required.
Business and Finance Administrator and Clerk to the Board
View Cassandra 's Role
In her role, Cassandra
- Provides administrative support to the DBE and its subcommittees, including the Head Teacher Reference and Advisory Group.
- Monitors and maintains the condition of the DBE offices, overseeing housekeeping, repairs and maintenance and identifies and liaises with contractors.
- Processes purchase and sales invoices and provides a first point of contact for financial matters.
- Assists the Executive Assistant with the appointment of Foundation Governors.
Services to Schools Administrator
View Alison's Role
In her role, Alison
- Organises DBE events, maintains the booking system for all DBE courses and communicates with delegates and venues.
- Provides support to the RE and Spirituality Officer.
- Supports the School Appeals Service by preparing all pre and post appeal hearing administration, liaising with panellists and organising appropriate venues and hospitality.