Alive 2023 Legacy
On 15th and 16th June 2023 Coventry DBE held the ALIVE PRAISE PARTY and enormous picnic for 9000 KS2 children from the Church of England schools in Coventry Diocese. To get a flavour of what happened please watch the highlights video:
We are excited to share with you our Diocesan Partnership with iSingPOP for 2024 to make sure we are Stayin’ Alive in 2024!
This is the Bundle of FREE resources you can access:
- All Primary Schools will continue to receive Classroom Worship for during 2024 incorporating a weekly resourced prayer activity to use in school
- We will be offering 20 schools (or groups of schools) a 4 day Main Event
- Up to 30 schools can sign up for a 1-day Workshop
- All Schools and Parishes will have access to the full catalogue of iSingPOP songs and videos
- Every school will receive a new edition of the Popbox later in the year to use with their Parish Church to plan worship in school and Church or to use for after school clubs.
- We will be offering the opportunity for iSingPOP to help host leavers services to for those schools who do not currently have a strong parish link due to a vacancy or lack of Clergy capacity.
We have our own dedicated iSingPOP worker Emma, who will be available to advise on using the resources, help you consider how to improve the worship life of your school, and provide training to staff, Clergy and Young Worship Leaders.
To find out more about what a ‘main event’ or workshop involves you can look at the iSingPOP website.
Alive 2023 Legacy Fund
The Mother’s Union in the Diocese of Coventry have set aside a fund of £2,500 to support parish and school initiatives towards the spiritual development of children in response to Alive 2023.
Grants of up to £250 will be awarded to the school after consideration by the DBE and the Mother’s Union Committee. The deadline for applications is 1 March 2024 and successful applicants will be notified by the 1 April 2024. If you would like advice on your bid contact April Gold.